Suisin Ao-ko Suminagashi
- Special Knives for Korin's 40th Anniversary
- Suisin Premium Inox
- Suisin High-Carbon Steel
- Suisin Inox Honyaki Wa Handle
- Suisin Inox Western-Style
酔心 本霞 • 墨流し青二鋼
The flowing pattern in hand-forged layered steel can be mesmerizing but the advantages of suminagashi (sometimes called Damascus Steel) extend well beyond its beauty. To create these exquisite sashimi knives, craftsmen join carbon steel with soft iron in the kasumi method, then pound and fold the steel eight times on each side. This is a lengthy process, taking as long as needed to make eight kasumi knives, but the end result is a stunning 16-layer blade with the strength and flexibility of a honyaki knife.
- HRc: 62
- Bevel: Single Edged
- Steel Type: Blue Steel #2 (Moisture and acidity will cause discoloration or rust)
For Left-Handed Customer
- Left-handed blades must be special ordered from Japan, and will cost 50% more than the right-handed blades. Due to how each traditional Japanese knife is handmade by right handed craftsmen, it will take 4 to 6 weeks to forge and deliver.