Order Info & Policy
HOW TO ORDER
Visit our Manhattan store and experience our products in person! Our sales specialists can answer any of your questions and personally assist with your product choices.
We are open Monday through Thursday and Saturday from 10am - 6pm. For tableware purchases: Our showroom store does not carry stock for tableware items. Tableware items purchased from the showroom can either be shipped or picked up the following day.
Our customer service specialists will help you place your order and answer any of your questions. Please call us Monday through Friday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm EST.
Place online orders through our secure server any time.
* U.S. Customers - We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, wire transfer and US money orders. PayPal payments are paid up front in full.
* International Customers - We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal (preferred), or wire transfer in U.S. currency (preferred). PayPal payments must be paid up front in full.
SALES TAX - Sales tax will apply to shipments to over 20 states, including New York and New Jersey. Click here for details.
International customers may order online with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. PayPal or wired transfer in U.S. currency are preferred.
When using an international credit card, you will be contacted to provide more details before we can proceed with the order for verification purposes. Under rare circumstances we will only be able to accept wire transfers for payments. You will be contacted to provide more details before we can proceed with these orders.
Customers are responsible for customs duty fees (see below for more details).
For all international orders, if your country and/or customs require special documentation (e.g. test reports, country of origin documentation) for importing goods, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to placing your order to ensure we will be able to provide any required documentation.
Note: Korin is not responsible for any fees or shipping costs associated with orders that get stuck in customs and subsequently returned.
When ordering from korin.com you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all the laws and requirements of the country in which you are receiving the items. Your orders may be subject to import duties and/or taxes and any additional charges for custom clearance must be borne by you. Korin.com has no control over these charges and does not assume responsibility for the ordered goods meeting local customs laws and/or duties and taxes. Custom policies vary widely from country to country, and you should contact your local customs office for further information.
When you press “Proceed to Checkout” to place your order, this assumes you have accepted the responsibility for the import duties and/or tax, additional charge and Import Trade Declaration for custom clearance. If you have not been able to complete this statement of the aforementioned and the package is subsequently returned to Korin, you will be responsible for the return shipping charge. The order balance (excluding any shipping fees) will then be refunded back to you.
NOTE: As import duties and/or taxes and any additional charges for custom clearance must comply with the laws and requirements of the country, we MUST provide the product value for the customs clearance. In addition, some of the countries requested to attach the product details with value outside the parcel, thus, we will NOT amend the product value in any circumstances.
Expedited UPS shipping method such as Next Day Air or 3 Day Select service are available for an additional charge (please check UPS website for expedited options). Please indicate your preferred shipping method in the additional comments section of your online check-out page.
Payment must be verified before 10 am EST Monday through Friday in order for our shipping department to process the order within the next business days for Expedited Shipping. Please note that Korin's business hours are from Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm (EST, excluding public holidays).
For Saturday deliveries, please contact customer service at email@example.com.
For orders that exceed the USPS weight limit, a customer service representative will calculate your shipping cost and contact you before your order is processed.
Please note: UPS does not deliver to P.O. Boxes. Any orders submitted for UPS shipment to P.O. Boxes will be changed to the equivalent USPS shipping option.
KORIN GIFT CARDS
Korin gift cards make the perfect gift. There are no shipping and processing charges for gift cards if you select Standard Delivery (7-10 business days).
Gift cards will arrive in 3 business days if shipped via Rush Delivery.
E-gift cards are issued within 24 hours for regular business hours Monday to Friday and will be emailed to the recipient of your choice.
Korin gift cards can be used on any product or service online or at our retail store in New York City.
For balance inquiries please click here.
BREAKAGE or DISCREPANCIES
If there are any problems with your order, please notify us within 48 hours of receipt of shipment. Korin cannot be responsible for claims made after 48 hours. For breakage resulting from carrier transit, please keep the entirety of original item(s) as well as all packaging and packing materials for 30 days for future inspection by carrier. Please take photo(s) of all damaged goods for Korin, Inc to honor your claim.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
Placing an order indicates your acceptance of our return policy listed below:
- Merchandise can only be returned or exchanged if it is new, in its original packaging, and received within 14 days of delivery date.
- No exchanges or returns will be accepted without receipt.
- If you return an item with a gift receipt, you will receive a refund in the form of store credit.
- For online returns/exchanges please contact our Customer Service representatives at 1-800-626-2172 to obtain a Return Authorization (RMA) number and details including mailing address and procedures. We do not accept any returns without an RMA number. All RMA numbers must be marked on the outer shipping cartons only. Any RMA numbers marked on merchandise boxes will incur a 25% restocking charge.
- When returning online orders of kitchen equipment, please provide the serial number found on the equipment.
- Items returned without a RMA number and/or after the 14 day return period will incur a minimum 20% restocking fee.
- Damaged items will not be accepted or credited. Please pack with care when returning.
- Knives sharpened at customer's request, left hand converted, engraved, used or special custom ordered are not eligible for return or exchange.
- Import orders, special orders and clearance items are not eligible for return or exchange.
- Korin does not accept returns, exchanges or refunds of saya covers. All sales of saya are final.
- Please note that Korin is not responsible for return shipping charges. Merchandise should be returned through UPS, USPS, or FedEx with insurance and a tracking number.
We at Korin have offered top-quality, professional-grade Japanese kitchenware, tableware, and chef knives to the public for over 40 years. It has always been our goal that our customers are completely satisfied with every purchase they make with us. If you have any questions, comments, or problems with your order, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-626-2172 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Korin offer two types of gift wrapping to dress your purchase for that special occasion, Classic Gold gift wrapping and our more elevated skilled wrapping using high quality Japanese designed paper.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
Korin.com and the materials herein are provided on an "as is" basis and Korin, Inc. makes no representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties or conditions of title, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Korin, Inc. is not responsible for printing or typographical errors. Product pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
In no event shall Korin, Inc. be liable for special, indirect, exemplary, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to loss of use, data, or profits, without regard to the form of any action, including but not limited to contract, negligence, or other tortuous actions, all arising out of or in connection with the use, copying, or display of the contents of this site.
The site is owned and operated by Korin, Inc. The material included herein, including site design, text, graphics, and the selection and arrangement thereof are copyrighted - by Korin, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No material from korin.com may be copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way.