Competitive health benefits and bonuses
Work in a friendly multi-cultural environment
Learn about Japanese culture through the products
Work with top chefs in the industry
Opportunities to advance and grow in career
Join Our Team
If you have a passion for food, cooking, or the culinary arts, joining the team at Korin will give you the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative industry. You will have a tangible impact on the culinary industry worldwide, working with renowned chefs, restaurateurs, and home enthusiasts alike.
We encourage the team to work collaboratively and support each other from day one, beginning with a comprehensive training for all new team members. We encourage open communication, idea-sharing, and mutual support, creating a positive and motivating atmosphere.
Korin is committed to the growth and development of its employees. Whether you’re looking to enhance your product knowledge, culinary skills, or business acumen, Korin provides a platform for continuous learning and personal growth.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k with company contribution
- Paid Family Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off including Paid Time Off to Vote
We are seeking a Part Time / Full Time Showroom Sales Associate (starting salary $22 per hour) to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for selling products, merchandise, and services in a retail setting in order to drive company revenue.
Nestled in the heart of lower Manhattan, Korin Inc. offers the finest Japanese knives, kitchen products and tableware to suit every culinary tradition. We are proud to cater to the rich cultural diversity that is New York City, a beautiful microcosm of the world that we are happy to call home.
Our Tribeca store is home to the most extensive collection of Japanese knives in the world, including Japan. But our collection is far more than just knives—we also offer a vast selection of kitchen tools and appliances, exquisitely designed tableware, and the rarest and most covetable sharpening stones. We are proud to be part of New York’s culinary community, and frequently host special events such as knife sharpening demonstrations and parties with the city’s most celebrated chefs and restaurateurs.
- Perform opening, closing, and daily maintenance duties as assigned
- Greet and assist walk-in customers
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints
- Enter and process customer orders
- Ensure displays are tidy and all items are stocked
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Hit and exceed assigned sales targets
- Complete additional tasks/projects as neededd
- Previous experience in customer service, retail, or other related fields
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills including ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to learn and grow with us
- Bilingual language skills preferred (Native or Professional fluency)
- U.S Work Authorization (Required)
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking and may involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register, and ability to process register transactions
Email us your inquiries with your resume.Email
We’re always looking for passionate individuals to join our team. Don’t see a position open? Please email your resume and a short cover letter to:Email
Visit Our Showroom
We are located in the heart of Tribeca
SHOWROOM HOURS (ET)
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs & Sat: 10am - 6pm
Closed Fri & Sun