Suisin Inox Honyaki Wa-Sujihiki
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Saya Cover:Magnolia Wooden Cover Included
Handle Material:Japanese Yew Wood
Bolster Material:Water Buffalo Horn (Bolsters are made from natural horn therefore colors may vary)
The Suisin Inox Honyaki knives represent a perfect hybrid of traditional Japanese and Western style knives. `Wa' stands for `Japanese,' which refers to the thin, honyaki tempered Swedish steel with a traditional Japanese yew handle and a water buffalo horn bolster. The blade's sharp 90:10 bevel makes it similar to a single sided edge, which is great for precision work. This line is the lightest knife in Korin's collection and is highly recommended for those interested in traditional Japanese knives, while retaining all the practicality and user-friendliness of Western style knives.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.