Suisin High Carbon Steel Gyuto
Steel Type: Carbon steel (CAUTION: MOISTURE AND ACID CAUSES RUST AND DISCOLORATION)
Steel Material:Japanese High Carbon Steel
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:POM (Polyacetal Resin)
The Suisin High Carbon line is crafted out of a single piece of Nihon-kou (Japanese carbon) steel with a welded bolster and composite wood handle. Knives with very hard blades tend to be difficult to sharpen, therefore, Suisin does not use the same steel as traditional Japanese knives in the forging process. This difference in carbon steel allows the Suisin High Carbon blades to have a professional grade edge retention that can be sharpened with ease.
CAUTION: Moisture Causes Rusting and Discoloration
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- This is not stain resistant. It will rust and discolor after cutting acidic ingredients or if one leaves it wet.
- Improper care will result in chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting. Korin recommends wiping carbon knives with tsubaki oil to keep moisture off the knife.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.
Please be cautious when inspecting carbon knives with wet hands after purchase. We ask customers to inspect all knives prior to using, and will not accept returns on damaged goods. In the event you receive a rusted knife, please call customer service within 48 hours, and we will be happy to assist you.