Misono Swedish Carbon Steel Left-handed Hankotsu
Steel Type: Carbon steel (CAUTION: MOISTURE AND ACID CAUSES RUST AND DISCOLORATION)
Steel Material:Swedish High Carbon Steel
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
Misono Swedish Carbon knives are made with incredible care and hand finished to maintain optimum sharpness. Misono uses Swedish carbon steel, considered to be one of the purest form of carbon steel. All carbon steel naturally bends after being forged then hardens by spontaneous structural changes over several years. To resolve this Age Hardening phenomenon problem, Misono has professionals in Sakai city hammer the carbon steel sheets to strengthened the steel exactly like traditional Japanese knives. This carefully made line are decorated with an elegant dragon engraving on the face of the chef knives and slicers in the Swedish Carbon line.
that of traditional Japanese style knives, as they are largely made by hand. Misono ensures a long lasting
CAUTION: Moisture Causes Rusting and Discoloration
- Boning Knives and Yo-Deba knives must be specially ordered from Japan,and may take up to 6 weeks for arrival. Please contact our customer service team for further details.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- This is not stain resistant. It will rust and discolor after cutting acidic ingredients or if one leaves it wet.
- Improper care will result in chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting. Korin recommends wiping carbon knives with tsubaki oil to keep moisture off the knife.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.
Please be cautious when inspecting carbon knives with wet hands after purchase. We ask customers to inspect all knives prior to using, and will not accept returns on damaged goods. In the event you receive a rusted knife, please call customer service within 48 hours, and we will be happy to assist you.