Suisin White Steel Mizu Honyaki Sakimaru Takobiki
Steel Type: Carbon steel (CAUTION: MOISTURE AND ACID CAUSES RUST AND DISCOLORATION)
Steel Material:White Steel #2
Saya Cover:Magnolia Wooden Cover Included
Knife Bevel:Single Sided
Handle Material:Magnolia Wood
Bolster Material:Water Buffalo Horn (Bolsters are made from natural horn therefore colors may vary)
Honyaki (“true-forged” in Japanese) knives are constructed out of one solid piece of carbon steel. Honyaki forged knives have the greatest edge retention of all traditional Japanese styles. Suisin uses one piece white steel #2 to craft this knife. This steel achieves a harmonious balance between sharpness and brittleness.
CAUTION: Moisture Causes Rusting and Discoloration
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- This is not stain resistant. It will rust and discolor after cutting acidic ingredients or if one leaves it wet.
- Improper care will result in chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting. Korin recommends wiping carbon knives with tsubaki oil to keep moisture off the knife.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.
Please be cautious when inspecting carbon knives with wet hands after purchase. We ask customers to inspect all knives prior to using, and will not accept returns on damaged goods. In the event you receive a rusted knife, please call customer service within 48 hours, and we will be happy to assist you.