Nenohi Nenox Desert Iron Wood Sujihiki
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:High Carbon Stain Resistant Alloy
Saya Cover:Not Included
Nenohi applies the skills and techniques of traditional Japanese knife crafting to Western style knives, with great attention to detail in each step of the production process. Nenox knives are made with a confidential blend of high carbon stain resistant steel, which undergoes a sub-zero manufacturing process to ensure a durable edge. Much of the process is done by hand, and all of the knives are hand inspected before they are shipped. From the high carbon stainless blades to the ergonomic design and luxurious handle, these knives are a testament to quality. Nenohi’s Nenox knives are loved and admired by chefs worldwide.
About Desert Ironwood
The sujihiki is a slicing knife intended for slicing boneless fish filets. It can also be used to slice boneless roasts, hams and poultry breasts. The short height of the blade creates less friction when slicing and the blade draws through fish and meat effortlessly using the entire length of the blade. The sujihiki is the Western-style equivalent the traditional yanagi knife.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
- This Western-style knife can be changed to left-handed by Korin's resident knife master.
- The fee for this conversion is $20.00 and has been automatically added to the cost of your purchase.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.