Misono Handmade Molybdenum Yo-Deba
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:High Carbon 13Cr. Molybdenum
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
HRC:58 - 59
Misono’s most affordable line of knives is created with a stain resistant molybdenum steel blade. The added molybdenum and vanadium gives this line a greater rust-resistance and hardness. Misono’s popularity stems from the thin profile that allows the knife to be used and sharpened for a long period of time.
Purpose of Yo-Deba
The yo-deba is the Western style version of the traditional Japanese deba. It is a heavy-duty butcher knife used for cutting meat with minor bones, fish, and semi-frozen food.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.