Masamoto Sohonten White #2 Hongasumi Lacewood Handle Yanagi
Steel Type: Carbon steel (CAUTION: MOISTURE AND ACID CAUSES RUST AND DISCOLORATION)
Steel Material:White Steel #2
Saya Cover:Magnolia Wooden Cover Included
Knife Bevel:Single Sided
Bolster Material:Water Buffalo Horn (Bolsters are made from natural horn therefore colors may vary)
HRC:62 - 63
CAUTION: Moisture Causes Rusting and Discoloration
For Left-Handed Customer
- Left-handed blades must be special ordered from Japan,and will cost 50% more than the right-handed blades. Due to how each traditional Japanese knife is handmade by right handed craftsmen,it will take 4 to 6 weeks to forge and deliver.
Did you know? Korin offers their customers acomplimentary serviceFor more detail,please click here.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- This is not stain resistant. It will rust and discolor after cutting acidic ingredients or if one leaves it wet.
- Improper care will result in chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting. Korin recommends wiping carbon knives with tsubaki oil to keep moisture off the knife.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.
Please be cautious when inspecting carbon knives with wet hands after purchase. We ask customers to inspect all knives prior to using, and will not accept returns on damaged goods. In the event you receive a rusted knife, please call customer service within 48 hours, and we will be happy to assist you.