Masamoto Sohonten Molybdenum Paring with Mahogany Handle
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:Molybdenum Stain Resistant Steel
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
The Masamoto Molybdenum line provides high-quality, affordable knives under the trustworthy name of Masamoto. These Western-style knives are a pragmatic choice, as they are made of softer steel than Masamoto’s VG knives, making them easier to sharpen and maintain. The addition of molybdenum also helps to improve edge retention and makes the blade stain- and rust-resistant. Equipped with a comfortable, durable composite wood handle. This steel achieves a harmonious balance between sharpness and brittleness.
Minosuke Matsuzawa, the founder of the Masamoto Sohonten Company started making knives in 1866. It was his dream that his family would come to be remembered as knife craftsmen throughout the generations. Now, five generations later, Matsuzawa’s vision has been realized and professionally crafted Masamoto knives have become widely regarded as the finest knives made for professional use.
Purpose of Paring
The paring knife is ideal for peeling fruits and vegetables. Perfect for hand-held cutting.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
- This Western-style knife can be changed to left-handed by Korin's resident knife master.
- The fee for this conversion is $20.00 and has been automatically added to the cost of your purchase.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.