Togiharu G-1 Molybdenum Petty
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:POM (Polyacetal Resin)
The top of the line Togiharu G-1 has the longest edge retention within the Togiharu brand. The Japanese AUS-10 base steel is stain resistant, has a long edge retention, and is easy to maintain. The G-1 line is preferred by those who enjoy heavier knives or larger bacteria-resistant polyacetal resin handles. About Togiharu
Togiharu is Korin’s house brand and was created with the user in mind. The Togiharu brand was created for functionality and is Korin’s most affordable brand of knives. The brand name was derived from Grand Master sharpener Shouzou Mizuyama’s father’s sharpening store. Master Mizuyama’s father was a celebrated sharpener in his own right, having received recognition from the emperor for his traditional sharpening skills. Togiharu knives are produced by a highly respected knife maker in Japan who manufactures the top-name Japanese brands. The difference in the Togiharu lines lies in the quality control and hand-finishing aspects of production. These knives are inspected one-by-one for quality - they are not mass handled. The final edge finishing process is done by hand, ensuring unparalleled sharpness right out of the box.
Purpose of Petty
The petty is a convenient size for delicate work, cutting or peeling small vegetables, fruits and herbs.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.