Misono 440 Molybdenum Gyuto
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:440 16Cr. Molybdenum
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
HRC:58 - 59
The Misono 440 line is constructed out of molybdenum steel and a water resistant wooden handle. The amount of chromium is increased from 13% to 16% for the 440 line in order to achieve a longer edge retention than the Misono Molybdenum line. The curve of the water-resistant wood handle is designed to fit comfortably in the user’s hand, making it popular among those who prefer thinner handles. The brand’s famously thin and sharp Japanese knives are hand finished and inspected to ensure the highest quality product.
Purpose of Gyuto
The Gyuto is a versatile chef's knife. It can be used for cutting meat, fish and vegetables, making it suitable for preparing Western cuisine. Lightweight and thin, Japanese chef knives have a sharper blade and maintain their sharpness longer than most other chef knives.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.