Masanobu VG-10 Gyuto
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
HRC:60 - 61
Knife Weight in grams:191
Blade Width (Widest part of the blade) in inches: 1.77
Spine Width (Widest part of the spine) in inches:0.09
Handle Length in inches:5.11
Masanobu knives are made out of a VG-10 cobalt stain resistant steel blade and a pressed wood handle with a metal bolster to provide exceptionally balanced weight. This line was developed by combining traditional Japanese knife aesthetics with state of the art computerized laser processing technology. The VG-10 cobalt blade is one of the highest quality steels used in knife production, and has an excellent edge retention.
Purpose of Gyuto
The Gyuto is a versatile chef's knife. It can be used for cutting meat, fish and vegetables, making it suitable for preparing Western cuisine. Lightweight and thin, Japanese chef knives have a sharper blade and maintain their sharpness longer than most other chef knives.
- This Western-style knife can be changed to left-handed by Korin's resident knife master.
- The fee for this conversion is $20.00 and has been automatically added to the cost of your purchase.
Executive Chef Michael Romano
Union Square Cafe
- As seen on Wall Street Journal, December 2011
- As seen on Wine Spectator Magazine, December 2008
- As seen on TheFoodPaper.com, September 2008
- As seen on Bon Appetit Magazine, May 2008
- As seen on Food & Wine Magazine, May 2007
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.
For more information, please check our pages on different types of sharpening stones or sharpening tips.
Country of Origin: Japan