Masanobu VG-10 Damascus Gyuto
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
HRC:59 - 60
Masanobu knives are made out of a VG-10 cobalt stain resistant steel blade and a pressed wood handle with a metal bolster to provide exceptionally balanced weight. This line was developed by combining traditional Japanese knife aesthetics with state of the art computerized laser processing technology. The VG-10 cobalt blade is one of the highest quality steels used in knife production, and has an excellent edge retention. Masanobu Damascus knives are laser printed to have a Japanese damascus look and without sacrificing sharpness.
Purpose of Gyuto
The Gyuto is a versatile chef's knife. It can be used for cutting meat, fish and vegetables, making it suitable for preparing Western cuisine. Lightweight and thin, Japanese chef knives have a sharper blade and maintain their sharpness longer than most other chef knives.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
- This Western-style knife can be changed to left-handed by Korin's resident knife master.
- The fee for this conversion is $20.00 and has been automatically added to the cost of your purchase.
Executive Chef Michael Romano
Union Square Cafe
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.