Masamoto Sohonten Swedish Stain Resistant Steel Wa-Petty
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:Swedish Stain Resistant Steel
Saya Cover:Magnolia Wooden Cover Included
Handle Material:Magnolia Wood
Bolster Material:Water Buffalo Horn (Bolsters are made from natural horn therefore colors may vary)
The KS Series is Masamoto’s range of high-grade Sweden Stainless Steel Japanese traditional-style knife. Masamoto KS Series Wa Gyuto is completely hand sharpened, polished and finished by especially skilled and experienced craftsmen, which results in extra edge sharpness and a more refined level of finish.This line is highly recommended for those who enjoy knives with a traditional Japanese handle.
Minosuke Matsuzawa, the founder of the Masamoto Sohonten Company started making knives in 1866. It was his dream that his family would come to be remembered as knife craftsmen throughout the generations. Now, five generations later, Matsuzawa’s vision has been realized and professionally crafted Masamoto knives have become widely regarded as the finest knives made for professional use.
Purpose of Petty
The petty is a convenient size for delicate work, cutting or peeling small vegetables, fruits and herbs.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
- This Western-style knife can be changed to left-handed by Korin's resident knife master.
- The fee for this conversion is $20.00 and has been automatically added to the cost of your purchase.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.