Togiharu x Misono
Misono was established in 1935, and the company has been kept a small, exclusively family-owned business for decades. The company began as a kitchen tool blade maker for vegetable peelers. After 1945, Misono began importing painting palette knives from overseas. Misono did not begin producing their own knives until the late 1960’s.
Today Misono is Japan’s oldest Western style knife maker, with only fifty workers producing 150,000 knives a year. While many larger companies send knives to other manufacturers to have specialists make different parts of a knife, Misono produces 100% of their knives in house with extreme attention to detail for quality assurance.
Although Western style knives are often manufactured, Misono’s production process is very similar to that of traditional Japanese style knives, as they are largely made by hand. Misono ensures a long lasting edge retention for professional use by using hard steel and hand finished sharpening. To guarantee that all Misono knives are of the highest quality, knives do not leave the company without passing several levels of inspections.
Six years ago, Misono approached sharpening Master Shouzou Mizuyama and proposed a collaboration between Korin, Misono and himself. This partnership has finally come to fruition, and Korin is proud to present Misono’s first ever collaboration, the Togiharu Pro. Most knife styles in this exclusive line come with a wooden cover to protect the blade when not in use.
- HRc: 57-60
- Bevel: 70/30
- Steel Type: Stain Resistant
- Cover: Wooden knife cover is included with every Togiharu PRO knife
For Left-Handed Customer
- This Western-style knife can be changed to left-handed by Korin's resident knife master.
- The fee for this conversion is $20.00 and will be added to the cost of your purchase.
- Left handed Honesuki, Yo-Deba, Hankotsu, and Garasuki knives must be special ordered from Japan. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.