- Special 2 day event
- Saturday (October 20, 2018) and Monday (October 22, 2018) from 10am-5pm
- Demonstrations by knife sharpener Shuji Yamaguchi and sushi chef Mitsunori Ueda.
- 15% off Suisin knives (excludes event promo knives) online and in-store.
- Test out knives on ingredients provided by the event.
- Chance to purchase limited edition Suisin knives.
Suisin Japanese knife company makes their return to Korin for a two day event. This year three very special guest are representing Suisin Knife System Co.
10:00am - 2:30pm - Suisin western knives available for trial use.
1:30pm - 2:30pm - Suisin traditional knives available for trial use.
3:00pm - 6:00pm - Guest speaker by Tatsuya Aoki [President of Suisin Knife System Co.], knife sharpening demo by Shuji Yamaguchi and fish cutting demonstration by chef Mitsunori Ueda.
*Only on Monday, October 22nd chef Ueda will be doing a Ikejime demonstration. Ikejime is a method of preparing a live fish to maintain the quality of its meat. The technique originated in Japan, but is now in widespread use. [*Disclaimer, please note that there will be a live fish being prepared at this demonstration].
5:30pm - 6:00pm - Q&A session and raffle giveaway.