Hands-on Western Knife Sharpening at Korin
Tickets sold at Eventbrite.
- Saturday, October 27th from 10am - 12pm
- Saturday, November 24th from 10am - 12pm
- Monday, November 26th from 3pm to 5pm
- Monday, December 3rd from 3pm to 5pm
- Saturday, December 15th from 10am to 12pm
- Stone explanation - Rough stone, medium stone and fine stone.
- How to prepare stones - Proper way to prepare whetstones for sharpening.
- Different bevel on knives - Sharpening 70/30 bevel knives vs. 50/50 bevel knives
- Proper techniques.
- How to check for sharpness.
Two pricing options available
1) Basic ($99) Hands-on western knife sharpening. We will provide a knife and sharpening stone for students to use. You will also get a 1000/4000 sharpening stone to take home. (Togiharu Two-Sided Sharpening Stone 1000/4000). *Savings of more than 15% off on the retail price from the stone.
2) Basic Plus ($189) Everything in Basic option and you will also get a basic chef knife to take home (Togiharu Inox Steel Chef Knife 8.2"). *Savings of more than 15% off on the retail price from the knife.
- Classes are 1.5 hours (please arrive to class 10 minutes earlier
- You will be standing, sharpening and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You can also bring your own knives to practice sharpening
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class