Togiharu Hammered Texture Damascus Two Piece Set Santoku & Petty
Style:Santoku & Petty
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:Layered Stain-Resistant Steel with VG-10 Core
Saya Cover:Not Included
HRC:59 - 60
The Togiharu Hammered Damascus is one of the most popular lines within the Togiharu collection. This line features a unique and beautiful `tsuchi-me' (hammered texture) on the blade and a VG-10 steel core, which makes it popular both for professionals and as gifts. Each hand finished hammered damascus blade is specially customized by Korin to fit professional needs. The symmetrical 50:50 double edged blade is suitable for both right and left-handed individuals.
Togiharu is Korin’s house brand and was created with the user in mind. The Togiharu brand was created for functionality and is Korin’s most affordable brand of knives. The brand name was derived from Grand Master sharpener Shouzou Mizuyama’s father’s sharpening store. Master Mizuyama’s father was a celebrated sharpener in his own right, having received recognition from the emperor for his traditional sharpening skills. Togiharu knives are produced by a highly respected knife maker in Japan who manufactures the top-name Japanese brands. The difference in the Togiharu lines lies in the quality control and hand-finishing aspects of production. These knives are inspected one-by-one for quality - they are not mass handled. The final edge finishing process is done by hand, ensuring unparalleled sharpness right out of the box.
Purpose of Santoku & Petty
The santoku, meaning "three virtues", is an all-purpose knife that takes its name from its ability to easily handle meat, fish and vegetables. The high profile of the blade makes the santoku well-suited for smaller kitchen spaces and keeps the knuckles well above the cutting board.
The petty is a smaller chef knife that makes it a convenient size for peeling and other delicate work.
- Knives with a 50/50 balanced,two-sided blade should not be altered to a 70/30 blade.
- This Western-style knife is right and left handed user friendly.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.