Togiharu Brick Nakame Sharpening Stone Fixer
The brick stone fixer is an economical silicon carbide stone, that is a must-have item for serious sharpeners. A few swipes over your sharpening stones will flatten the surface, creating the optimal sharpening environment.
After frequent use of synthetic and ceramic sharpening stones, stones will begin to wear down. A stone fixer is essential for flattening the surface of a sharpening stone. Prolonged use of a concaved stone will begin to warp and change the shape of a knife blade.
- Soak the stone fixer for 10 minutes and the medium/fine stone in water for the appropriate amount of time.
- Use the stone fixer on the stone's edges first to take off the corners/edges of the stone to avoid accidentally chipping knives.
- Start to sand off the top of the stone with a back-and-forth motion>
- Remove enough material to flatten the surface of the stone.
- If the stone fixer is used regularly after sharpening, it will take a shorter time to level the stone each time.