Kamitosa White Binchotan - Tokuwari 5 lb bag
Kamitosa binchotan hails from Kochi prefecture on the island of Shikoku, and is produced by the oldest living master in the region. This binchotan ranks equally with the Kishu binchotan as the highest quality binchotan available in the world today.
- Even if its no longer BBQ season and it's time to put those grills away for the cold winter, binchotan can still be used around the house.
- Binchotan filters and absorbs chemicals in water. All water filters have white charcoal in them.
- Absorbs odors
- Absorbs dampness You can put it in your fridge to replace baking soda, then simply soak them in water to revive their effectiveness!
- Try leaving binchotan on your bedside. Binchotan produces negative ions that helps the immune system and decreases electromagnetism.
- Neutralizes and improves soil quality for plants.
- Small amounts of binchotan powder can help kill stomach viruses, prevent food poisoning, and stop indegestion. *Warning: Large amounts is unhealthy.*
- Small amounts in rice cookers increases the rice's calcium content and allows it to keep for longer.
- Bathing with a little bit of binchotan in the water can help improve blood cycle, hair and skin.
- Allow the charcoal sit over a direct flame for 30 minutes to an hour. Korin recommends using a binchotan starter pan for convenience.
- Fan the charcoal to heat faster.
- Mix Sumi or Aramaru charcoal that light up faster with the white binchotan
Please do not burn charcoal indoors, only in well ventilated areas. All types of burning charcoal will produce odorless Carbon Monoxide gas. For best result, keep in cool and dry environments. Damp charcoal may take longer to ignite and may be hazardous.