Sumi Charcoal 22lb/case
Sumi charcoal is a charcoal briquette that is more economical than aramaru and white binchotan. Sumi charcoal is also chemical free and almost smoke free. Sumi charcoal is the easiest to light, however they have a shorter life (up to 3 hours).
- Even if its no longer BBQ season and it's time to put those grills away for the cold winter, binchotan can still be used around the house.
- Binchotan filters and absorbs chemicals in water. All water filters have white charcoal in them.
- Absorbs odors
- Absorbs dampness You can put it in your fridge to replace baking soda, then simply soak them in water to revive their effectiveness!
- Try leaving binchotan on your bedside. Binchotan produces negative ions that helps the immune system and decreases electromagnetism.
- Neutralizes and improves soil quality for plants.
- Small amounts of binchotan powder can help kill stomach viruses, prevent food poisoning, and stop diarrhea. *Warning: Large amounts is unhealthy.*
- Small amounts in rice cookers increases the rice's calcium content and allows it to keep for longer.
- Bathing with a little bit of binchotan in the water can help improve blood cycle, hair and skin.
Ratings & Reviews
A great first step into Japanese charcoal.
by Kyle -
This is a great product for someone looking to take a step up from regular hardwood charcoal. Burns hot and clean for a long time. I also like the fact that I can extinguish the hot coals and use again later for another cook. Although $30 may seem expensive in comparison to American charcoal, when you factor in the long burn time and the fact that they can be easily extinguished and re-used later, they actually provide great value.