Porous Sharpening Stone Fixer - Pink
Why Stone Fixers are Important
Some water stones become concave with frequent use. A flat water stone is essential for sharpening. Use a stone fixer to flatten the stone before sharpening.
- Soak the stone fixer for 10 minutes and the medium/fine stone in water for the appropriate amount of time.
- Use the stone fixer on the stone's edges first to take off the corners/edges of the stone to avoid accidentally chipping knives.
- Start to sand off the top of the stone with a back-and-forth motion>
- Remove enough material to flatten the surface of the stone.
- If the stone fixer is used regularly after sharpening, it will take a shorter time to level the stone each time.