Mizuyama Two-Sided Sharpening Stone Wide- #1000 & #6000
The Mizuyama stone is Korin's original line of sharpening stones that gained popularity over the years for its quality. The stone was developed by a natural sharpening stone specialist, Mr. Sugai and his grand master, Mr. Mizuyama, over 5 years ago. The Mizuyama stones are high quality tools that are made for and used by professional sharpeners. These stones absorb water to create a nice slurry of mud that makes the sharpening process easier and faster. Mr. Sugai and his apprentice uses these stones everyday to sharpen and repair knives as well as teach customers proper sharpening methods.
Our two-sided sharpening stones are convenient for beginners, home users, travelers, and professionals. They feature a medium grit sharpening surface on one side and a fine grit finishing surface on the other.
Benefits of a #1000/6000 Grit Stone
#1000 grit: The basic sharpening stone that we recommend customers use to sharpen knives.
#6000 grit: The basic finishing stone.
- As seen on Gear Patrol: How to Sharpen a Knife, September 2017
- Soak the #1000 grit side for no longer than 5 minutes.
- Wet the #6000 grit side with a splash of water.
- Please do not soak finishing stones (#3000 and above). Soaking a finishing stone will result in the stone cracking and breaking.
- Returning a stone into a box while still wet or damp will result in molding and decreasing quality.
- For double sided stone, please only soak the medium stone side (#1000). Failure to do so will result in the stone splitting and or breaking.