Glestain Indented-Blade Salmon Slicer
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:ACUTO 440 Steel
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
HRC:58 - 59
Glestain knives are manufactured in Japan and are immediately recognizable by their unique design. "Dimples" in the blade's surface reduce surface tension between the blade and the food being cut, allowing faster, easier, and more efficient cutting. The blade is constructed of Glestain's original Acuto steel, which undergoes a sub-zero manufacturing process that ensures a very hard (HRC 58-59) and durable edge. Each Glestain knife comes with a balanced, water resistant hardwood handle fastened with stainless-steel rivets.
Purpose of Salmon SlicerThe salmon slicer has a straight flexible blade for salmon.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.