Togiharu Cobalt Damascus Santoku
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:Layered Stain-Resistant Steel with VG-10 Core
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
HRC:59 - 60
The Togiharu Cobalt line is created out of layered VG-10 damascus steel and a black composite wood handle. Cobalt's properties strengthen and harden the blade, increasing durability and edge retention. These professional grade Japanese knives feature a gorgeous damascus design that also makes them popular as gifts. The symmetrical 50:50 double edged blade is suitable for both right and left-handed individuals.
Cobalt is a naturally occurring inclusive (inclusion: any mineral or material that is trapped inside another mineral while being formed) mineral found in various ores used in the preparation of magnetic, wear-resistant, and high strength alloys.
- Knives with a 50/50 balanced,two-sided blade should not be altered to a 70/30 blade.
- This knife is right and left handed user friendly.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.