Suisin White #3 Three Piece Set
Style:Yanagi, Usuba & Deba
Steel Type: Carbon steel (CAUTION: MOISTURE AND ACID CAUSES RUST AND DISCOLORATION)
Steel Material:White Steel
Saya Cover:Magnolia Wooden Cover Included
Knife Bevel:Single Sided
Handle Material:Magnolia Wood
Bolster Material:Water Buffalo Horn (Bolsters are made from natural horn therefore colors may vary)
Suisin's Yasukiko set is crafted out of White Steel #3.White steel #3 has a slightly lower carbon content than white steel #2. The material is therefore not as hard or pure as other white steels, but if sharpened properly it can attain a similar edge. This grade of steel was developed and manufactured in Shimane prefecture in the Western region of Japan. A great set for beginners interested in Japanese traditional knives.
CAUTION: Moisture Causes Rusting and Discoloration
- Left-handed knives are not available for this set.
- Wooden knife covers are not included in this set.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- This is not stain resistant. It will rust and discolor after cutting acidic ingredients or if one leaves it wet.
- Improper care will result in chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting. Korin recommends wiping carbon knives with tsubaki oil to keep moisture off the knife.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.
Please be cautious when inspecting carbon knives with wet hands after purchase. We ask customers to inspect all knives prior to using, and will not accept returns on damaged goods. In the event you receive a rusted knife, please call customer service within 48 hours, and we will be happy to assist you.