Nenohi Nenox Carbon Fiber Handle Gyuto
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:High Carbon Stain Resistant Alloy
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Carbon Fiber
Nenohi applies the skills and techniques of traditional Japanese knife crafting to Western style knives, with great attention to detail in each step of the production process. Nenox knives are made with a confidential blend of high carbon stain resistant steel, which undergoes a sub-zero manufacturing process to ensure a durable edge. Much of the process is done by hand, and all of the knives are hand inspected before they are shipped. From the high carbon stainless blades to the ergonomic design and luxurious handle, these knives are a testament to quality. Nenohi’s Nenox knives are loved and admired by chefs worldwide.
About Carbon Fiber
Korin’s exclusive Nenox Carbon Fiber line incorporates the famous confidential blend of high carbon stain resistant steels undergoes a sub-zero manufacturing process to ensure a long edge retention. Nenox was attracted to the smooth, lightweight and strong qualities of the carbon fiber material, but due to various issues of cracking and inconsistency, they were unsuccessful until now. In recent years Japanese carbon fiber manufacturers have rapidly increased in quality. Nenohi formed a partnership with a carbon fiber maker that produces material for Japan’s space shuttles, to use the most consistent and flawless carbon fiber for their handles. After over 10 years of research and testing, Nenohi was finally able to perfect this sought after line.
Purpose of Gyuto
The Gyuto is a versatile chef's knife. It can be used for cutting meat, fish and vegetables, making it suitable for preparing Western cuisine. Lightweight and thin, Japanese chef knives have a sharper blade and maintain their sharpness longer than most other chef knives.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
For Left-Handed Customer
- This Western-style knife can be changed to left-hand by Korin's resident knife master.
- The fee for this conversion is $20.00 and has been automatically added to the cost of your purchase.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.