Misono Handmade Molybdenum Sujihiki
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:High Carbon 13Cr. Molybdenum
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
HRC:58 - 59
Misono’s most affordable line of knives is created with a stain resistant molybdenum steel blade. The added molybdenum and vanadium gives this line a greater rust-resistance and hardness. Misono’s popularity stems from the thin profile that allows the knife to be used and sharpened for a long period of time.
Purpose of Sujihiki
The sujihiki is a slicing knife intended for slicing boneless fish filets. It can also be used to slice boneless roasts, hams and poultry breasts. The short height of the blade creates less friction when slicing and the blade draws through fish and meat effortlessly using the entire length of the blade. The sujihiki is the Western-style equivalent the traditional yanagi knife.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.