Misono 440 Molybdenum Slicer 8.2"
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:440 16Cr. Molybdenum
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
HRC:58 - 59
The Misono 440 line is constructed out of molybdenum steel and a water resistant wooden handle. The amount of chromium is increased from 13% to 16% for the 440 line in order to achieve a longer edge retention than the Misono Molybdenum line. The curve of the water-resistant wood handle is designed to fit comfortably in the user’s hand, making it popular among those who prefer thinner handles. The brand’s famously thin and sharp Japanese knives are hand finished and inspected to ensure the highest quality product.
Purpose of Slicer
The slicer is a slicing knife intended for slicing boneless fish filets. It can also be used to slice boneless roasts, hams and poultry breasts. The short height of the blade creates less friction when slicing and the blade draws through fish and meat effortlessly using the entire length of the blade.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.