Masamoto Sohonten VG Gyuto
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:Hyper Molybdenum-Vanadium Stain Resistant Steel
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:POM (Polyacetal Resin)
HRC:58 - 59
The Masamoto VG series have a Hyper Molybdenum Vanadium stain resistant steel blade and a bacteria resistant duracon handle. The body of the blade has a wide rounded shape and a comfortable handle even for those with large hands. This line is often praised for having Masamoto’s famous edge and balance without being too heavy or too light.
Minosuke Matsuzawa, the founder of the Masamoto Sohonten Company started making knives in 1866. It was his dream that his family would come to be remembered as knife craftsmen throughout the generations. Now, five generations later, Matsuzawa’s vision has been realized and professionally crafted Masamoto knives have become widely regarded as the finest knives made for professional use.
Purpose of Gyuto
The Gyuto is a versatile chef's knife. It can be used for cutting meat, fish and vegetables, making it suitable for preparing Western cuisine. Lightweight and thin, Japanese chef knives have a sharper blade and maintain their sharpness longer than most other chef knives.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
- This Western-style knife can be changed to left-handed by Korin's resident knife master.
- The fee for this conversion is $20.00 and has been automatically added to the cost of your purchase.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.