Masamoto Sohonten VG Gyuto 7.0" (18cm)
The Masamoto VG series have a Hyper Molybdenum Vanadium stain resistant steel blade and a bacteria resistant duracon handle. The body of the blade has a wide rounded shape and a comfortable handle even for those with large hands. This line is often praised for having Masamoto’s famous edge and balance without being too heavy or too light.
Minosuke Matsuzawa, the founder of the Masamoto Sohonten Company started making knives in 1866. It was his dream that his family would come to be remembered as knife craftsmen throughout the generations. Now, five generations later, Matsuzawa’s vision has been realized and professionally crafted Masamoto knives have become widely regarded as the finest knives made for professional use.
Purpose of Gyuto
The Gyuto is a versatile chef's knife. It can be used for cutting meat, fish and vegetables, making it suitable for preparing Western cuisine. Lightweight and thin, Japanese chef knives have a sharper blade and maintain their sharpness longer than most other chef knives.
We are able to convert this knife to left-handed in-house for an additional fee of $20. Left-handed conversions or knife engravings may take 2 additional days to process.
1.Once you have added all your products into the shopping cart please proceed to checkout.
2.At the end of the checkout page there will be a field called "Customer Comment".
3.Please type the sku # you would like to have converted to left handed and comment LEFT. (example: HTO-INGY-210 - LEFT)
4. Once your order is placed, our customer service will manually add the left handed $20 per knife to your order.
* Please note Left handed, engraved and/or sharpened knives cannot be returned or exchanged.
- This Western-style knife can be changed to left-handed by Korin's resident knife master.
- The fee for this conversion is $20.00 and has been automatically added to the cost of your purchase.
- As seen on Popular Mechanics Magazine, June 2013
- As seen on Cook's Illustrated, November/December 2011
Country of Origin: Japan