Masamoto Sohonten Molybdenum Bunka Bocho
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:Molybdenum Stain Resistant Steel
Saya Cover:Not Included
The Masamoto Molybdenum line provides high-quality, affordable knives under the trustworthy name of Masamoto. These Western-style knives are a pragmatic choice, as they are made of softer steel than Masamoto’s VG knives, making them easier to sharpen and maintain. The addition of molybdenum also helps to improve edge retention and makes the blade stain- and rust-resistant. Equipped with a comfortable, durable composite wood handle.
Minosuke Matsuzawa, the founder of the Masamoto Sohonten Company started making knives in 1866. It was his dream that his family would come to be remembered as knife craftsmen throughout the generations. Now, five generations later, Matsuzawa’s vision has been realized and professionally crafted Masamoto knives have become widely regarded as the finest knives made for professional use.
Purpose of Bunka Bocho
Bunka knives are general purpose knives tackling a wide range of common kitchen tasks. Their reverse tanto profile gives the knives a dexterous and delicate tip and a unique and eye catching aesthetic.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.