About Korin Special Inox
The Korin Special Inox is an original design created by Korin's resident knife master, Chiharu Sugai and Knife System's founder, Junro Aoki. The special grade stain resistant AUS-10 steel has a higher carbon content, giving it the cut and feel similar to a carbon knife without the maintenance. Korin recommends this line for those with experience using a sharpening stone. The attractive orange handle is made of an easy-to-clean and bacteria resistant POM molded handle and topped with a stainless steel cap. With superior balance and a slightly weighted feel, these knives are comfortable in the hand and a pleasure to use.
Drawing from a tradition of Japanese craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail, the collections at Korin showcase exceptional sharpness and time-tested durability. We are dedicated to bringing the highest quality Japanese knives to your kitchen, so you can experience the unparalleled quality of Japanese craftsmanship in your home or restaurant.
Purpose of Honesuki The honesuki poultry boning knife that is used to separate the meat from the bones. It is lighter and thinner than the garasuki and can be used in place of a Western boning knife.
- As seen on PlayBoy Magazine, December 2012
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.
For more information, please check our pages on different types of sharpening stones or sharpening tips.