Korin Ginsan-ko Kamagata Usuba
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Saya Cover:Magnolia Wooden Cover Included
Knife Bevel:Single Sided
Handle Material:Japanese Yew Wood
Bolster Material:Water Buffalo Horn (Bolsters are made from natural horn therefore colors may vary)
Left-handed knives are not available for this line.
- Left-handed blades must be special ordered from Japan, and will cost 50% more than the right-handed blades. Due to how each traditional Japanese knife is handmade by right handed craftsmen, it will take 4 to 6 weeks to forge and deliver.
Did you know?
- Korin offers their customers a free maintenance servicefor all traditional Japanese knives!
- The initial blade serves as a sharpening guide in the future.Free initial sharpening and uraoshi sharpening is available with every purchase. Please be aware that sharpened knives are not eligible for returns.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.