Glestain Indented-Blade Offset Petty
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Steel Material:ACUTO 440 Steel
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
HRC:58 - 59
Knife Weight in grams:138
Blade Width (Widest part of the blade) in inches: 1.68
Spine Width (Widest part of the spine) in inches:0.08
Handle Length in inches:4.31
Glestain knives are manufactured in Japan and are immediately recognizable by their unique design. "Dimples" in the blade's surface reduce surface tension between the blade and the food being cut, allowing faster, easier, and more efficient cutting. The blade is constructed of Glestain's original Acuto steel, which undergoes a sub-zero manufacturing process that ensures a very hard (HRC 58-59) and durable edge. Each Glestain knife comes with a balanced, water resistant hardwood handle fastened with stainless-steel rivets.
Purpose of Offset PettyThe petty is a smaller chef knife that makes it a convenient size for peeling and other delicate work. The offset design gives the user more clearance between the cutting board and one's knuckles.
Left-handed knives are available for this style. Please call customer service at 1-800-626-2172 to order.
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.
For more information, please check our pages on different types of sharpening stones or sharpening tips.
Country of Origin: Japan