Mac Bread Knife
Steel Type:Stain-Resistant Steel
Saya Cover:Not Included
Handle Material:Composite Wood
HRC:60 - 61
MAC is a unique cutlery maker that bases its manufacturing on ergonomics research. Each knife is made to maximize the comfort of the user. The blade is constructed of high-carbon stain-resistant steel, chromium, as well as molybdenum, vanadium, and tungsten, which give it superior strength and hardness (HRC 60), as well as long-lasting sharpness. These knives also feature 45.5* cutting edges, which make them extremely sharp for Western style knives.
The line of teeth on this high-performance bread knife can be straightened and re-sharpened on a sharpening stone, a unique feature for a serrated knife.- As seen on Munchies: Best Kitchen Gear Gifts, December 2016- As seen on Munchies: Creepy Clown’s Guide to Knives, Oct 2016
General knife care tips and warnings
- Never wash knives in the dishwasher
- Stain-resistant knives are not stainless.
- Improper care will result in rusting and chipping.
- Please wipe knives dry after use to prevent rusting.
- Western style knives sold at KORIN have significantly thinner blades than typical Western knives. Use of honing steels or sharpening machines may result in chipping.
- We advice all customers to always use sharpening stones to sharpen or hone knives.