Left Handed Conversions
Here at Korin, we can convert any western style knives to a left handed blade, regardless of whether
or not they were purchased from the store. Left handed boning knives must be special ordered and may take up to two months to be shipped and will cost 25% more.
Please be aware that in order to utilize any knife to its fullest potential, we advice customers to
never change the blade’s bevel. 50/50 beveled knives were engineered to be symmetrical, the same way 70/30 knives are engineered to be asymmetrical. The piece of carbon that gives knives a blade is centered to the bevel, by changing
so you may result in the blade being brittle.
traditional Japanese knives must be special ordered. Special ordered Japanese
knives will take up to two months and cost 50% more than the right handed
traditional Japanese knife. This is due to the fact that older generation
Japanese people, regardless of being left handed were trained to be right
handed. Therefore, there is a higher risk of mistakes and wasted materials.
Please inquire for further information and we'll be happy to try to meet your
hand conversions for Western style knives are $20 per knife. We guarantee that
all knives will be ready for pick up within 7 days, shipping time is not
included. We will contact you via phone or email when they are ready to be
How to send your knives in for sharpening/repairing
1. Print and fill out everyone on the Knife Service Request Form. Please be sure to state whether you are left or right handed.
2. Wrap your knives up very carefully using several sheets of newspaper. Please DO NOT include blade covers, boxes, or sayas. Include a completed request form and send it to:
Knife Sharpening/Repair Services
Korin Japanese Trading
57 Warren Street
New York, NY 10007
You may also drop your knives off in person at our New York Showroom (same address as the above).
3. Please include a note with your contact information (full name, mailing address, phone number, email address)
4. Please state whether you are a left-handed or right-handed user and what you would like to be done on your knives (for example: broken tip needs repair, chip on blade needs fixing, etc.)
Once Korin Receives Your Knife1. Our staff will contact you once we have received your knives to inform you of the service and shipping fee.
2. We ask all customers to kindly provide us with the shipping fee to and from Korin.
Once the knives have been sharpened/repaired, we will contact you by
phone or e-mail to let you know that they are ready to be shipped back.
4. We will ship back your knives.
5. You will receive an email confirmation with the UPS tracking information.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-626-2172 (toll free) or 212-587-7021. You may also email us at email@example.com.