Replacement lid for :
Replacement body also available :
- Please completely dry the pot before use. When you first fill the pot with water, you may notice that water is seeping through the pot. Japanese Earthenware is made this way to avoid cracking while heating. To eliminate this problem, please follow the instructions below:
- Cook porridge or heat water mixed with cornstarch in the pot until it boils.
- Leave the porridge or water with water in the pot and allow it to cool completely for 1 - 2 hours.
- Remove the contents.
- Allow the earthenware to air dry overnight.
- Gently and quickly wash.
- Ready to use!
- Please note that this only needs to be done once.
Stove Top SafeCaution
- The earthenware will absorb the flavors of the first meal it is cooks. Please be sure to cook starchy rice or a water and cornstarch mixture to fill the porous earthenware.
- Never leave food in the earthenware overnight or for long periods of time.
- Never leave detergents in the earthenware. Wash the earthenware quickly after use and allow it to air dry.
- Do not heat the pot while empty.
- Do not deep fry.
- We recommend using a tawashi brush.
- Do not use over electric stove tops.
- Please properly dry the outside of the pot before setting on the stove to avoid damage.